Skip to main content

LETTERS TO HIM


 Dearest Aku;

I wrote this note to gently remind myself that I am going to be okay even if I don’t believe that I will.
There's Philophobia and Pistanthrophobia within me.

I don’t know much about love, but I know you.
You are not the first person that I have confused for home.
I am too real for people and I believe that’s the reason why I haven’t found love yet, everyone I meet is either fake or full of themselves.
I know some things are just not meant to work out no matter how much you want them to, and some moments are meant to be brief, forcing them only harms us. I get it.

I read somewhere that said; “It’s kind of hard to love someone else when the one you once loved gave you no reason to love again” and that’s exactly you and me.

You know; When I like someone, I go too hard. I am too available, too giving, too loyal, too thoughtful and too reliable - hoping it gets reciprocated.
Do you remember when I said; “I will peel off all my skin away if that’s how much you want me to show my love for you?” I really meant those words, but I was tired of being loved by half a heart so I left.

And then again; What do I do with all the little things I know about you? Where do I keep all the inconsequential stories about you? Those scars from a football game, how you love your breakfast to be made and all those songs you have by heart?
The pressure to either keep up or erase our memories is overwhelming and frustrating at times. Maybe I should bury all the things I know about you and try to build a tomb over it - to forget you completely cause in the end it won’t matter who loved you but how you loved and how you were loved.

The Holistic Healer wrote; “Everything you want is on the other side of letting go. You don’t hold on because you like to hurt, you hold on because you need certainty.” and that’s exactly what I was looking for in you.

I have always been in love with you. It’s always been you even when you broke my heart over and over again. And the thing with heartbreak is that it never fades. Your heart will still ache in many decades to come.
It will still burn your insides and there’s nothing beautiful about aching from the inside.

Now; Healing taught me that; “speaking on your feelings won’t make anything worth having lost, setting boundaries won’t scare off proper people and authenticity won’t cost you genuine relationships, honesty won’t ruin a real thing.” and that; “you know how much you loved someone when you don’t hate them for breaking your heart.”

I have come to a truce with myself, I am going to plant hope in my scars and within the stillness, I will bloom.

AKANTE.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I LIVE

  The phase I was in weeks ago made me question my existence on earth “perhaps, has my time elapsed?” I have escaped a number of accidents for two weeks in a roll. I was on bed rest. Got back on feet and faced yet another accident day after day “I thought my life has come to an end.” “I could barely let food pass my throat; the fear-anxiety and the stress all over it of what becomes of me the next day was too much for my mind” “is death beckoning me?” I asked myself a couple of random questions just to be sure I was on a right spot - safe and sane “I must repent.” “Change my ways, stay sane even in the midst of the rumbling thunder that was ready to take over in my brain.” So I rose up, charged myself up “enough is enough.” My mother had already said a prayer of favor  over me. She blessed me right from the day I was conceived. “You shall not die before your time, you shall live to fulfill  your purpose on earth; No man anywhere will deny you of your dues, the harvest of your planting

AWAKENING: STORIES UNTOLD, STORIES UNHEARD AND STORIES UNREAD

  Chapter one Correct me if I am wrong, but I remember all the words you like to say behind closed doors. She whispered in my ear “I take you as you are and you will be. I won’t try to change you but I will ride out change with you. I see you and I will never ask you to be less or more.” With words so charming and full of meaning, that’s how she destroyed me. I have been awed and terrified by the experience of being in love to the extent that when it’s love, I’d rather close the book and put it back on the shelf. I do not know how to hate no matter how much I have been wronged. I met Tuseke when I had gone for my usual check-up at the hospital. She was there to visit her grandmother who was gravely ill and on admission. She had asked for directions to get to the elderly female ward, that was just the same way to Doctor Mayepi’s office. My all time go to health practitioner. We walked hand in hand and talked about a few things on science and medicine. She hated being a

LET'S TALK ABOUT SGBV TODAY!! (Sexual and Gender Based Violence)

SGBV = Sexual and Gender Based Violence is violence committed against a person because of his/her sex or gender. Books and experts have it that SGBV is more of forcing another person to do something against their will through violence, coercion, threats, deception, cultural expectations or economic means. ü   Realistically, Sexual and Gender Based Violence is pervasive and there are a series of consequences for victims and their families. To fight SGBV there should be a channel of measures and efforts, awareness campaigns and Support Services for Survivors (SSS method), there’s a need to come up with an inclusive and safe environment to promote the respect for all genders as a way of preventing and responding to SGBV. ü   The painful reality of SGBV is that it could have been any one of us or it has been so many of us. Voices are really pervasive in discussions about SGBV and it has shifted responsibility off of the group on who is committing or perpetrating the vast majority o

LET’S TALK ABOUT “HEALING” TODAY!!

  Before and After everything else, Healing comes first. You heal before you take a new step, and you heal after you meet the chaos and catastrophe. Healing is a deeply personal journey. Realistically, there’s nothing like a one-size-fits-all approach to healing. If your path looks different from others, don’t be disheartened; embrace your own journey and trust that it’s leading you exactly where you need to be. No one knows how much you’ve been through, the paths and routes you’ve been to or you’ve had to take. I read something that said; “May the quality of people you attract be a reflection of the healing and hard work you’ve put into yourself over time.” No matter how much you wish you could, there’s no way you can control how another person feels or thinks about you. That’s why it is important to surround yourself with people who are committed to understand who you truly are. The kind of people that are soft and gentle with your heart and soul, the ones who will let